Please take a moment and read our Waters of Tahoe Company Information page regarding our company policies. If you have any questions or concerns – give us a call anytime.
Guest Tips and Reminders
- Check-in time is 3:00 P.M., and Check-out time is 10:00 A.M. We can be very flexible with these times depending on when the home is booked again. Please inquiry.
- Linens and towels are provided at the home and the kitchen is fully equipped. BBQ’s are not available in the winter months.
- Occupancy limit for the home will be strictly enforced.
- Dogs are welcome at “Dog Friendly” homes. Dogs are not permitted at non “Dog Friendly” homes.
- All homes and premises are non smoking properties – we thank you for your consideration.
- We offer a vacation rental damage protection for $29/ $49 (depending on rental) – covers up to $1,500 of unintentional damage. Or if you prefer, a $1500 security deposit check that will be cashed and refunded accordingly
- Each bathroom will have two rolls of toilet paper and there will be one roll of paper towels in the kitchen. Additional supplies can be purchased at the local supermarkets.
- Please call ahead with questions regarding firewood supply.
- You will be staying in someone’s home. Please treat this vacation home as you would expect your own home to be treated.
Confirmation and Payment:
We will email you a rental agreement for the vacation property you have chosen. Please note your reservation is not booked until you have returned your signed vacation rental agreement with a valid credit card number. Rental payment is due upon booking and must be received within 5 business days. If your reservation is made more than 6 weeks in advance, a 25% rental deposit is due within 5 business days of booking. The remaining rental amount is due six weeks prior to arrival. We accept checks and credit cards for payment.
Our company, Waters of Tahoe Inc. is a participant in a Property Protection Plan that reimburses certain costs for unintentional accidental damage to our properties during their rental occupancy. The Protection Plan will pay a maximum benefit of $1500.00, calculated as the lesser of the cost of repair or replacement, provided damage is disclosed to management prior to check-out. Participation in this plan does not negate Tenant’s responsibility for damage. Tenant is liable for all replacements and repairs except for “normal wear and tear”. With our participation in this Protection Plan, except in certain circumstances, we do not collect and hold refundable security deposits. We charge Tenants a non-refundable administrative fee to defer our costs for the Protection Plan participation.
Tenant is liable to us for any damages caused by Tenant or a member of Tenant’s party that are not reimbursed to us or exceed the maximum limit of our coverage, and the credit card on file and/or any collected security deposit will be charged. If Tenant would rather pay a refundable $1,500.00 security deposit in lieu of the Protection Plan, Tenant must notify us before check-in.
Benefits will not be provided for any loss or damage due to the following. It is at the discretion of Waters of Tahoe Inc. to honor claims. (a) Natural Disaster;(b) Intentional acts of tenant or by a member of tenant’s party;(c) Gross Negligence, Willful and Wanton conduct by tenant or by a member of tenant’s party;(d) Any cause, if the tenant does not report the loss or damage to Waters of Tahoe by the Termination Date; (e) Loss of use of the Rental Property unit;(f) Theft or damage to any property owned by or brought by a tenant or a member of tenant’s party onto the Rental Property premises;(g) Damage in a Rental Property unit if the number of persons occupying the unit exceeds that property’s occupancy limit;(h) Damages caused by tenant or a member of tenant’s party that is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Notice to cancel your reservation must be in writing. If cancellation is received prior to 6 weeks to arrival Waters of Tahoe Properties will refund sums paid by Tenant less a $100 cancellation fee. Within 6 weeks of the arrival date this reservation is considered 100% non-refundable. Please keep in mind we do not give refunds or credits for road closures, medical emergencies, natural disasters etc. If you are not comfortable with our cancellation policy, we strongly advise purchasing Travel Insurance. Please note that Red Sky Travel Insurance is not refundable after 14 days of the initial date of purchase. The cancellation fee does not include the Travel Insurance – you would need to file a claim with Red Sky to receive a refund for the Travel Insurance.
Red Sky’s Mountain Trip Preserver Travel Insurance:
You’ve been planning this vacation for months, maybe even years, and just before you leave, your child spikes a fever. Or maybe your company decided to transfer you to the new East Coast office. Or more likely, you’ve been keeping an eye on a threatening storm, or a disappointing snowfall in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, and it’s starting to look like your plans will be affected. We understand that vacation travel is invested with hopes and dreams, as well as funds. When the unexpected happens, we want you to recover your investment along with the ability to plan again. Fortunately for you, Mountain Trip Preserver vacation rental travel insurance can reimburse you for the nonrefundable deposits and other costs you’ve incurred. See our Red Sky page regarding the details and let us know if you would like to add Red Sky to your rental agreement.
Each rental property has a specific cleaning fee ranging from $125 to $300. This charge is for a normal clean. Any excessive linen or towel use or extra cleaning will be charged to you accordingly. The cleaning fee is non refundable.
Dog Friendly Policy:
Our dog friendly homes are comfortable, very clean, and well maintained. In order to continue to keep our homes dog friendly there are a few simple and yet very important rules we ask you to respect. Thank you.
1. Dogs are not allowed on any of the furniture in the home, including on the beds. If your dog has a personal bed – please bring it with you.
2. Your dog is required to be house trained, this includes that he/she is not a chewer.
3. We ask that you do not leave your dog unattended at your rental home, unless your dog is crated. Dogs can get very nervous when left in an unfamiliar environment. There are dog walkers listed on the dog policy page.
4. If your dog has caused any damage to the house, or your dog has an accident, please notify the office. Please remember to clean up your dog’s messes in the yard and dispose of them properly.
5. There is a $30 per dog fee (no matter how big your dog is) – this is for the stay. Our dog policy is a maximum of 2 dogs per house. We do make exceptions to this rule – please call our office.
No guests in excess of the maximum occupancy specified in the rental agreement shall occupy the property at any time.
Absolutely NO weddings, receptions, parties or large gatherings are allowed at the home – maximum occupancy is compulsory.
Smoking is NOT permitted at any of our vacation homes including the entire premise of the property.
Waters of Tahoe will make reasonable attempts to rectify unforeseen issues that might occur with the property during your stay. However we cannot be held responsible for circumstances beyond our control such as any type of noise pollution including construction, public or private functions, and events, wildfire smoke, interruption of services or utilities including power, water, phone, internet, gas, cable TV or unexpected appliance breakdowns, weather conditions, road closures, and natural disasters.